Introduction to Yachting for Chefs Unit 23 - GUEST Program
The IAMI GUEST Chef Introduction to Yachting Unit 23 is designed to meet the occupational duties to qualify for the onboard chef in a day.
The purpose of this course is to learn crucial cooking & organization techniques on board, as well as the importance of good communication among teams. Practical training regarding safety and well-being and how to treat guests from all over the world will also be covered.
Importance of communication to guest and team, Etiquette of meeting and interacting with guests from different cultures and regions of the world
Standards of personal presentation.
How to professionally search for a position in the industry
1 days (5-hour lessons per day) plus 14 hours of self-study at your own path.
- The Superyacht Industry
- Living aboard a Superyacht
- Industry guidelines and regulations
- The Superyacht Chef
- Safe working practices
- Provisioning the yacht
- Cooking for guests & crew
- Making use of local markets
- Yacht Organization Chart & Chain of command
- Working in confined spaces
- Financial management
- Tips on recipes
- Recipes for Americans, Arabs, Italians, Kosher, Oriental, Indian & many more.
- 18 years old & over
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Basic Service skills
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working as a professional Chef
- Food Safety approved & in date
- Knowledge: States the “know-how” that the individual needs to have and understand to carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
- Skills: States the “can-do” practical application of the knowledge needed to actually carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
- Behaviors: Are mind-sets, attitudes or approaches required for competence to successfully carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
All assessments are completed in-house at the discretion of the Approved Training Provider and are graded through sample testing using a variety of methods relevant & applicable to the learning outcome (K, S, or B). These include: written exam, tests, quizzes, discussion testing, assignments and practical observations (if relevant).
The IAMI GUEST Certificate will specify the competencies achieved throughout this Unit.