GUEST Introduction to Yachtching for Chefs Module Unit 23 - ONLINE/LIVE SESSION
The IAMI GUEST Chef Introduction to Yachting Unit 23 is designed to meet the occupational duties to qualify for the onboard chef in a one day workshop.
The purpose of this course is to learn crucial cooking & organization techniques on board, as well as the importance of good communication among teams. Practical training regarding safety and well-being and how to treat guest from all over the world will also be covered.
2 days (5-hour lessons per day via Zoom) plus 14 hours of self-study at your own path.
- 18 years old & over
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Basic Service skills
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working as a professional Chef
- Food Safety approved & in date
- The Superyacht Industry
- Living aboard a Superyacht
- Industry guidelines and regulations
- The Superyacht Chef
- Safe working practices
- Provisioning the yacht
- Cooking for guests & crew
- Making use of local markets
- Yacht Organization Chart & Chain of command
- Working in confined spaces
- Financial management
- Tips on recipes
- Recipes for Americans, Arabs, Italians, Kosher, Oriental, Indian & many more.
- Knowledge: States the “know-how” that the individual needs to have and understand to carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
- Skills: States the “can-do” practical application of the knowledge needed to actually carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
- Behaviors: Are mind-sets, attitudes or approaches required for competence to successfully carry out the duties that make up the occupation.
All assessments are completed in-house at the discretion of the Approved Training Provider and are graded through sample testing using a variety of methods relevant & applicable to the learning outcome (K, S, or B). These include: written exam, tests, quizzes, discussion testing, assignments and practical observations (if relevant).
The IAMI GUEST Certificate will specify the competencies achieved throughout this Unit.