- Sewing Essentials
In this course you will learn plus practice the principal elements & style techniques of sewings, as well as the basic knowledge to use a sewing machine and its operation.
You will also learn how to use different stitches of the sewing machine.
Total hours: 12 hours
Days: 3 days
You will learn to:
- Sew in a straight line
- use a pattern on paper
- Knowing how to interpret a pattern and transfer it to fabric
- To master zippers and line it inside
- Modify and mend your clothes
- Such as creating a buttonhole
- Raise the hem of a trouser
- Different stitches of the sewing machine
- 18 years old and over
- English fluent
The course encourages participation, sharing of best practice, knowledge and experiences. The emphasis throughout the course is to develop understanding of sewing concepts and know how to put it into practice.
Assessment Criteria is achieved through the assessment process of practical demonstrations by applying skills, supported by Assessments through either written exam, discussion testing or assignment testing.
The training includes a certificate of completion awarded by Barcelona Crew Yachts Academy.