Advanced Wine Appreciation Module 2 - GUEST Program - Practical LIVE SESSION or ON CLASS BCN - MCA 19 Nov
DeA recognized wine course for yacht crew aiming to provide a basic introduction to wine, its origins, varieties and rituals followed by food & wine pairing.
You will cover the basics of winemaking, most important regional grape varieties of the world , styles of wine, storage and service, and the principles of food and wine matching. After completing a short exam and set of tasting notes & wine pairing you will receive – if successful – a globally recognized qualification.(equivalent to WSET level 2)
Schedule: 1 session On class session Or Live sesion + exam
Dates: Every month
Location: Barcelona Crew Academy facilities
*This course is available on board & can be tailored to individual yacht needs.
*A 20% payment will be made in advance for booking reservations, remaining amount must be transferred 4 days before the module starts. Instructions will be provided.
- the environmental influences and grape-growing options in thevineyard
- the style and quality of wine.Learning
- winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wine.
- the most important and principal grape varieties of the world style and quality of wine.
- labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality.
- the styles of sparkling and fortified wines.
- the storage and service of wine,
- the pairing of food and wine.
- wine tasting and and describe wine, wine recomendations for guest.
The training includes a certificate /Diploma awarded by the Guest Program and IAMI - MCA approved
The course focuses on practical experience using a range of quality equipment. Training notes are provided. One complete Set of Wine utensils per student. Includes theoretical and student notes during the course.
Closed book - Open questions 45 minutes exam